Friday, October 23, 2020

Yuge Yard Sign!

 Last summer I finally got around to carving a very large block of styrofoam I had.  The styrofoam block measured approximately 5' x 5' x 4', and my carving tool was my hubby's electric chain saw -- a tool I'd never used before.

When my initial artwork was done no one liked it much; they thought it was too violent, and they were right.

My initial artwork was of a woman who had been beaten, and yet was smiling at the world.  The woman had two black-eyes, stitches on her lip, and a MAGA hat on her head -- the woman represented me and all the unbelievable stuff I dealt with just for supporting Donald Trump and President Trump.  I liked her a lot.

This summer, realizing the old gal wasn't doing much hanging in our pole shed, I decided she had suffered long enough and gave her a make-over.  Friends of ours live along a busy 'touristy' highway, and knowing they are President Trump supporters I asked if I could put my 'Trump Lady' on their property as a campaign sign.  They said 'Yes!'

My hubby, proficient with the chainsaw, decided to add his own touch.  He got another huge block of styrofoam, carved TRUMP in it, and we painted a flag across the bottom.

If you happen to be in northern Minnesota and see our Trump Lady along the highway, give her a honk; she loves deplorables!

No comments:

Post a Comment